FAQ Topic: Land development

How do I get an Encroachment Permit?

The County website outlines steps to follow and provides links to helpful resources. Applicants should submit an Unified Application for Encroachment Permit  following  these steps: Confirm that the planned work or event is in an area of unincorporated Marin and involves a County-maintained road and right-of-way by querying Marin Maps at marinmap.org. Prepare a site … Continued

When is an Encroachment Permit required?

An Encroachment Permit is required for any work conducted within a County-maintained public right-of-way.  Often, the County-maintained public right-of-way extends beyond the paved street and may extend beyond the sidewalk. An Encroachment Permit allows you to make certain uses and construct certain improvements within a County-maintained public right-of-way, both above and underground.  Examples include, but … Continued

Close window