Fairfax-Bolinas Road in West Marin at milepost 5.73 (approximately 2 miles west of Azalea Hill) is single-lane access with two-way traffic controlled through one lane. This condition is at the construction zone only and will remain in place until project is completed. See project webpage for more details. Thank you for your patience while this project progresses.

FAQ Topic: Reporting

How do I deal with speeding in my neighborhood?

Speeding is a concern for most areas in Marin. Traffic calming can be achieved with focused enforcement. To learn more on this topic and various related details, please see the “Effective Speed Zoning” informational packet.

How do I report noise from military aircraft?

The FAA does not have the authority to regulate the operations of military aircraft. If you live near a military installation, you should try contacting their noise office or community relations department for more information on their operations in your community.

How do I report noise from helicopters?

Helicopters generally fly under visual flight rules (VFR), where they are not under the control of Air Traffic Control (ATC) resulting in ATC not controlling where the helicopter flies. While some metropolitan areas have defined helicopter routes, many are voluntary and helicopter pilots can deviate from those routes. You should contact the helicopter operator directly … Continued

How do I report noise from airplanes?

Airport noise issues and concerns near the Gnoss Field Airport can be directed to the County’s Airport Manager: Dan Jensen at (415) 897-1754 or via email. Important note: If you believe the airplanes were flying unsafely, then this is an issue for your local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO): FAA Oakland Office, 1420 Harbor … Continued

How do I report a blocked roadway?

To Report a Blocked Roadway or hazard (such as potholes): West Marin 415-446-4421 Urban East Marin 415-473-7388 Monday through Friday, 6:00AM – 5:00PM. Outside of those hours, please call 415-473-7513. You can also report online.

How do I report a fallen tree?

If the road is County maintained and the tree is in the right-of-way, we can ask our Roads Division to make arrangements to take down the tree. If the tree is on private property, however, it is the property owner’s responsibility to manage vegetation growing on their property. Visit our wepage to report a down … Continued

How do I request graffiti removal?

 The Road Maintenance Division only removes graffiti that is racist or profane.  Graffiti fitting that description can be reported to 415-446-4422, or by filling out our online form.

Close window