FAQ Topic: Programs

Is a CUPA inspection a scheduled inspection?

CUPA inspection is an unannounced inspection. Because of the regulatory nature of CUPA inspections and the uncertain time frames involved, the facilities should expect unannounced inspections.  Please visit our CUPA page for more information.

Who is responsible for repairing drainage culvert pipes on my property?

In many areas of Marin, culvert pipes are predominantly located within private property and are the private property owner’s responsibility to maintain. However, costs to properly repair deteriorating culverts may be prohibitive and therefore, simply not done, which can heighten risks of damage to public infrastructure. Please see the Drainage Assistance Program to find out … Continued

What flood zone is my property located in?

Visit the FEMA flood map service center to  find your official flood map, access a range of other flood hazard products, and take advantage of tools for better understanding flood risk.

Where can I take household hazardous waste?

Marin County has two drop off facilities, one in Marin and one in Novato.  Information detailing what constitutes hazardous waste may be found by visiting one of the following websites: Marin Household Hazardous Waste  Novato Household Hazardous Waste

Who is in charge of Zero Waste Marin?

It is a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) composed of the city and town managers of Belvedere, Corte Madera, Fairfax, Larkspur, Mill Valley, Novato, Ross, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Sausalito and Tiburon and the County of Marin. Visit Zero Waste Marin to learn more. 

Close window