Can I change my flood zone determination?

It depends on the reason for the change in the flood zone. If a property owner thinks their property has been inadvertently mapped in a Special Flood Hazard Area or is now out of the flood zone due to elevating the structure or another reason, they may submit a request to FEMA for a Letter of Map Change  or Amendment (LOMA). The requirements of the LOMA depend upon the reason for the requested change in flood zone and may require the applicant to hire a licensed surveyor or engineer. For more details, visit

Close window