Archives: Answers

How can I get help if my project requires environmental and regulatory permits?

MCSTOPPP holds monthly coordination meetings with the state and federal regulatory agencies to assist public and private projects with regulatory permitting.   Visit the Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program website, Marin Project Coordination Meetings page to learn more project coordination meetings your project.

How can I keep toxic pesticides out of our waterways?

Visit the Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program website, Eco-friendly Pest Control page to learn more about ways to reduce your use of toxic pesticide use. Additional information is available from our partners at Our Water Our World and Yard Smart Marin.

What is the FEMA Community Rating System?

Our Land Development division administers the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)  Community Rating System (CRS) Program for unincorporated areas of Marin County. To learn more about this voluntary incentive program, visit our FEMA Flood Information page or contact our  Land Development team.

How to submit a land permit

Click on permit application tile above to display application Print out application (encroachment permit can be submitted online) Fill in application Mail or fax to the Marin County Department of Public Works along with required plans and fees: County of Marin Department of Public Works 3501 Civic Center Drive Room #304 San Rafael, CA 94903 … Continued

What is the Pavement Condition Index or “PCI”?

PCI stands for Pavement Condition Index, which is a numerical grade between 0 and 100 that is used to indicate the general condition of roadway pavement.  Originally developed by the United States Army Corps of Engineers as an airfield pavement rating system and later adapted for use in roads, PCI is a statistical measurement based … Continued

Close window